Do you want to participate in NCAA Division I or II athletics?
Register at www.eligibilitycenter.org
Narrows League Admission Prices for the 2013 - 2014 School Year:
Prices for adults and students without an ASB will be $6.00.
Senior citizens, visiting students with ASB will be $4.00.
Tacoma Public School students with ASB are free at Tacoma Public School venues.
Contact information for our athletic department head coaches can be found by scrolling down the page.
Tentative Spring Football Practice Dates at Stadium Bowl
May 28-May 31 2:30-5pm
June 3-7 2:30-5pm
June 10-11 2:30-5pm
June 13 Spring Jamboree at Sumner HS 5pm
South Sound Team Camp at Fife HS June 26-28
7x7 Passing Skelly July 2, 9, 16 5:30-7:30pm
Charles Wright Academy Passing League Tournament July 26-27
Fall Practice Schedules - 2013 Specific times will be added as received.
Athletic Office Hours: August 19 - 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
August 20 - 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
August 21 - 6:30 AM - 2:00 PM
August 22 - 7:00 AM - 2:00 PM
August 23 - 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
August 24 - Closed
August 26 - 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Boys' Cross Country - Start date: Monday, August 26.
Girls' Cross Country - Start date: Monday, August 26.
Football - Start date: Wednesday, August 21.
Aug 14 6:30-7:30pm Fall Football Meeting SHS Theater
Aug 20 6pm-8pm Conditioning Testing & Clearance Forms
Aug 21 7:30am-1:30pm
Aug 22 7:30am-10:30am
Aug 23 7:30am-1:30pm
Aug 24 7:30am-10:30am
Aug 26 7:30am-1:30pm
Aug 27 7:30am-10:30am
Aug 28 7:30am-1:30pm
Aug 29 7:30am-10:30am
Aug 30 7:30am-1:30pm
Aug 31 7:00am-12:00pm Team Pictures, Scrimmage, BBQ
Sept 2 6:00pm-8:30pm
Sept 3 2:30pm-5pm
Sept 4 2:30pm-5pm
Sept 5 2:30pm-5pm
Sept 6 Game #1 Mt. Tahoma @ Stadium 7pm
Girls' Swimming - Start Date: Monday, August 26
Girls' Diving - Times and dates TBD. Practices are at Foss High School. Coach Roy Young can be contacted at Foss daily before the end of the 2012 -2013 school year. Students will be expected to drop off two blue emergency cards and obtain two clearance tickets signed by the Stadium athletic director (James Catalinich). Once blue card and clearance ticket go to Coach Baughman and the second to Coach Young at Foss High School.
Boys' Tennis - Start Date: Monday, August 26
Volleyball - Start date: Monday, August 26
Water Polo for boys is a club activity and is not part of the athletic department. Students interested in participating must submit the same paperwork required for sports to the athletic director. All additional information or questions should be directed to the Club Advisor. His name is Derrick Herberholz. email@example.com
The following forms must be completed and submitted to Mr. Catalinich, Athletic Director, before a student-athlete can participate in sports:
1. An emergency card must be completed. These are available at the school or can be downloaded from the Tacoma School District website or from our classroom website for “athletics.” This document requires a parent signature and medical insurance information. A student submits a new emergency card each time he/she participates in a sport.
2. The Athletics and Activities High School Physical and Eligibility Form must be completed. These are available at the school or can be downloaded from the Tacoma School District website or from our classroom website for “athletics.” This document is four pages long. Please read and complete each page. Pages 1, 2, and 4 require parent and student signatures. This form must be completed for each school year.
3. Parents and students are to read the Tacoma School District Concussion Information form. A parent and the student are to sign the form. These are available at the school or can be downloaded from the Tacoma School District website or from our classroom website for “athletics.” This form must be completed for each school year.
4. Our own Stadium High School Athletic Department Hazing Policy must be read and signed by the parent and student. This form is available at the school or can be downloaded from our classroom website for “athletics.” This form is not available on the Tacoma School District website. This form must be completed for each school year.
5. A student athlete must show his or her Identification card with an ASB sticker or a receipt for the ASB sticker. The ASB sticker can be purchased for 30.00 in the main office.
Information about Physical Exams
Physical exams are valid for 13 months if the student submits the TacomaSchool DistrictHigh School Physical and Eligibility Form. Physical exams submitted on alternative forms are valid for 12 months unless the physician allows for 13 months. In no circumstance will a physical be valid for more than 13 months regardless of the physician’s recommendation.
New students to Stadium including Tacoma School District incoming 9th graders have the responsibility to secure and deliver their physicals from their previous schools. These are generally not forwarded to the Stadium Athletic Department.
Information about Insurance
The TacomaSchool District emergency card and the High School Physical and Eligibility Form have blanks for medical insurance information. Medical insurance or DSHS medical coverage is a requirement for participating in sports.
There is a Student Insurance Program if your student does not have medical coverage. The family completes the form and sends it to the insurance company. The company then sends a proof of insurance statement which is then submitted to the Athletic Director. These forms are available at the school.
Students in grades 10, 11, 12 must have earned a 2.0 grade point average from the previous spring semester and passed 5 classes to participate in games, matches, and races. Students who have not achieved a 2.0 or passed a minimum 5 classes will be on probation until Monday, October 1st. Students who earn a 2.0 and passed 5 classes will then be eligible; those who do not are ineligible for the remainder of the sport season.
Students in grade 9 must have passed a minimum of 5 out of 6 classes, 6 out of 7 classes, or 7 out of 8 classes depending on the curriculum of the school where the student attended previous semester to be eligible. 9th grade students who have not passed the minimum number of classes will be on probation until Monday, October 1st. On the 1st of October, 9th grade students on probation will have to be passing a minimum of 5 classes.
Please direct questions to our Athletic Director, Jim Catalinich at firstname.lastname@example.org. He will check his email weekly.
James Catalinich, Athletic Director
Fall Head Coaches
George Ybarra, Cross Country Boys email@example.com
Kim Muenz, Cross Country Girls firstname.lastname@example.org
Jess Nelson, Football email@example.com
TBD, Soccer Girls
David Baughman, Swimming Girls firstname.lastname@example.org
TBD, Boys Tennis
Winter Head Coaches
Doug Cocke' Basketball Boys email@example.com
Charlotte Murphy, Bowling Girls firstname.lastname@example.org
David Baughman, Swimming Boys email@example.com
Steve Haase, Wrestling Boys firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Stewart, Basketball Girls email@example.com
Billy Niuamoa, Wrestling Girls firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Head Coaches
Barry Fretwell Baseball, email@example.com
Bridgette Walker, Fastpitch, firstname.lastname@example.org
Harry Cartledge, Golf email@example.com
Adam Becker, Soccer firstname.lastname@example.org
Cara Moore, Tennis Girls email@example.com
George Ybarra, Track Boys firstname.lastname@example.org
Margaret Walter, Track Girls email@example.com
Virginia Larson, Water Polo firstname.lastname@example.org